Saturday, October 22, 2016

Day 82 - Pigeon Forge, Tennessee

Took off for Pigeon Forge at 8am.   Martha's cold is getting better.   I couldn't resist asking her how she felt today with a little song:  "Pardon me dear, but hows your Chattanooga Ahh Choo?"  Sorry.



Into Tennessee by 9:30am


Freeway most of the way, the final 10 miles crawled along the strip leading to Dollywood.


It reminded me of the Vegas Strip.   Every single eatery and fun place you can imagine.


We were set up and cleaned the trailer for our week long guests by 2pm.  We are at the Pigeon Forge KOA Resort, about 3 minutes from Dollywood's entrance.


Martha is a Happy Camper.


We added Tennessee to the map.


Then, as it is my birthday, we went to lunch/dinner.  I love ribs.


67 today, never thought I would see that.  I don't feel a day over 20, as long as I don't try to do anything.


Chicken and rib combo.   It was great, accompanied with a Heineken.


We will take a nap and get ready for the hours trip to the Knoxville Airport to pick up Lori and Brent.   They arrive at 9:45 and we should get back to the trailer and into bed by 11:30pm.   Big day tomorrow for us all at Dollywood.    We were warned that if we took as selfie with her not to stand to close.  If she turned suddenly we could break a rib!

   Just ribbing you, big rib day for me.  Sunny skies predicted for tomorrow, you'al come along.  

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday at 67 your still a kid... We are back in Corpus until the 7th or 8th of November, then back to Dripping Springs until 15th then back to Corpus until ???? Keep the info coming liking your adventures.

    ReplyDelete