Monday, October 3, 2016

Day 63 - Wilmington, NC

Our trailer is parked half an hour from Carolina Beach.  We deserted it for two days to stay with friends who happen to have a very nice condo a stones throw from the beach.  First we went to visit a good friend from the past, Jim Miller.  He is in a senior alzheimer's home nearby.  He remembered having a '56 Yellow Oldsmobile with a Rocket 455 or was it 355 engine.  He let me drive it when I was just 16 and punch it.  The first fast car I ever got to drive.  I remember the thrill like it was yesterday.  He also had an old '34 flatbed truck with a three or four speed, I can't remember, but the only way to switch gears was to double clutch and he taught me how to do it.  He is 84 now.


Then we went to the beach for the day.   The water is warm and I am loving licking my lips and tasting the salt.  


A perfect beach day as the hurricane approaches, only five days away so they say.


Martha and I have very different ideas of how to 'beach'.  She reads.....


I keep myself busy contemplating the world situation and other 'man' concerns.


This is the view from the window of the condo.   We are going out to dinner tonight.  We have not been out for a 'fancy' dinner since we left two months ago.  I am excited about it.


Thanks for visiting.  We should be crossing paths with Hurricane Matthew on Friday.  Oh boy.

1 comment:

  1. I am finally caught up!! Holy moly!! Now I am exhausted from hurricanes, walking, driving and all without Starbucks!! Good night!!

    ReplyDelete