Friday, September 9, 2016

Day 40 - New Haven





Thanks for tuning in, we appreciate your keeping an eye on us.  We Welcome You To Our BLOG


We drove through Rhode Island in the flash of a second.  Below is Providence as seen from the bridge as we drove by.


Then  into Connecticut and off of the interstate for a Starbucks break that just happened to be across the street from a shopping village


A very cool looking Starbucks and a really neat little village with 60 speciality shops


Martha was letting me know how I stood and I should have let it go at that.


I should not have protested.  My penalty was only five minutes and I took it like a Pilgrim even though it was 87 degrees out and the humidity was about 3,000 or so.  


If I would have complained she was all set to pour a little local honey on my forehead.  I am sure I would be sprouting a bee hive within minutes.


                     We added five more states to our map.  It barely filled the Northeast corner.

 

Tomorrow we drive the truck onto Long Island.  Yes, I am apprehensive.  Sunday, September 11, we are going to stay in New Haven instead of into New York.   There will be a ceremony at Ground Zero marking the anniversary of 9/11 but we will stay clear of the event and the crowd.   

Thanks for reading about our travels.



2 comments:

  1. That is the cutest little Starbucks I think I have ever seen! And your map is getting so full!! I love that little map on the trailer. Coolest thing ever. I am curious about two things: 1. Did it come with all the states and you just add them as you go along? 2. Do you put the states on that you just pass straight through? Or only the ones that you stop and explore a bit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have two maps, a blank and one with all the individual states and a sticky back. We peel each state that we were in and place it on the empty trailer map. We explore every state we place onto the map. Sometimes, the only spot explored though, is a Starbucks!
    j

    ReplyDelete