Saturday, September 3, 2016

Day 34 - Boston


Where to go first?   I was excited to go to the Cheers Bar but disappointed that no one knew my name.   



Lots of stuff for sale, this shirt was only $28 and $19 for the cap.   So I took a picture of them instead.


Martha hanging out in Cliff's spot.  I would have had to use Norm's.  :-(


Then where else?  A coffee ordered on the first floor, and......


I drank it on the second floor.  Nothing like a two story coffee place.


Some of the streets were normal......


Some I had to pull in the mirrors on the truck to keep from tapping parked vehicles.   Both wide and narrow, they were lined with beautiful old buildings and a million people.   I understand now why people went West.  What a crowd!!!   If it were like this when the British first came over to get a handle on the rebels, they would have returned and told the Queen, you really don't want it!


Then we cruised over to get some higher learnin.



The campus is tranquil once inside its gates, but surrounded by the sounds and sites of big city.   


Finding a parking spot is a nightmare, and fitting this monster of a truck into it...... Martha has to get out and tell me when I am a half inch from the car behind and then I have to jockey several times to fit in.  And I taught parallel parking for 25 years!  Never like this though.  Guess a Toyota Corolla makes it a bit easier to do, and teach.  :-)


We saw the car below parked at a church across from Harvard.  My guess is that the owner was inside praying for some more $$$ after learning of the tuition costs.


Then over to the Boston Tea Party site.



The promise of the museum is a Revolutionary Experience.   Obviously they have never traveled with a deaf guy pulling a 40' trailer through strange territory.


We passed Paul Revere's house and the Old North Church.  There were sooooo many people and no where to park we let it go with a drive by.  So many tourists everywhere.  Of course it is a holiday weekend.  I am pretty sure I heard Paul shouting, "Raise the prices!  The tourists are coming, the tourists are coming!"


We topped our day off with a stop at Target for some shopping.  Thanks for reading up on us.

1 comment:

  1. enjoying the ride with you kids & the numerous posts...always go thru them up & down so I don't miss a thing...including funny MO & the pics...he may not be able to hear...but he sure can write...perfect description of every pic & I've actually learned a few things...like Miss Martha makes a good back up camera...do you loan her out...:-)

    ReplyDelete