Monday, August 8, 2016

Day Seven - Jackson / Bar J Ranch

Day Seven, We hung out at the trailer all morning and had lunch.   Then we headed into Jackson to do some touristing and later dinner and a show at the Bar J Ranch.  The Wild West is alive and well in Wyoming.

We thought about rafting but the weather was real sketchy raining on and off.   When this crew of tour guides showed up, we were certain that we would do rafting some other time.

We have seen some wildlife and when we discovered this photo friendly moose in the middle of downtown we opted for a photo.   He reminded me of my old college roommate from Frostbite Falls, Bullwinkle.   We had some real Wild Life times together at our old alma mater Whatsamatta U.
Sorry if this fairy tale is a little fractured, but I miss the old boy.  No one could pull a rabbit out of a hat like him.


At the Bar J Ranch for a chuck wagon dinner and cowboy show which reminded me of the 'Sons Of The Pioneers' and Roy Rogers.   I nearly always make it back for seconds and sometimes thirds at a bbq, but going through the chuck wagon line the cowboy servers kept saying "You''re a big guy" and piling on extra.  I could hardly hold my plate to the table.   I finished it all though.  Food was great and the show afterward funny and professional.   They have great voices and can really play music, including a Dueling Banjo routine.

We left at nearly ten pm, bedtime.   The 45 mile drive back to the trailer was scary.  Even though the speed limit was 45mph I was worried driving in the dark with so many animals around.  My nighttime vision is not what it used to be.   We made it home without hitting anything just after 11. The internet at the park wasn't working so I had to wait until morning to post day seven instead of at the end of the day.  It is now actually day eight in the morning,  Martha and I are both still full from last nights dinner so no breakfast today.   We will be here in Moran, Wyoming for three more days.   Today we are off in the truck to Yellowstone.


1 comment:

  1. Woohooo!! We took selfies with that moose. 😍 I love the applesauce at the Bar J, and went back twice for more of that and the cinnamon bread!! YUMMY!!!! So glad you guys made it there!! All these pics feel like home to me! 💕

    ReplyDelete