Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Day Nine - Day of Rest

No travels today.   Went into Jackson and got some supplies.   We head out to Casper, WY in the morning.   Loved this hat but it was $50 and I would never wear it.  I am going to have to limit my cowboy aspirations to this one photo.

No bear or moose sittings today.  We had a red fox cross the road in front of us this morning, the only time I have ever seen a fox in the wild.  The four legged variety I mean.

We went to a couple of museums.   It is sickening to think of all the buffalo that we slaughtered for sport as we moved into Indian land.   The Indians used every part of the animal and we killed them for the fun of the kill and left them lay, by the thousands.  Martha said it's likely more Indians died from a broken heart than from the diseases we brought and gave to them.

Lunch in Jackson.   I had their two time champion winning chili.   They won twice out of the last five years at the Jackson Chili Cook Off.  My guess is that the judges couldn't taste it two years in a row because their mouths were still on fire from the previous year.  Another beer please.

Gassed up to be ready for tomorrow.  5 hours to Casper.  So far we are just over $400 for fuel.  Our biggest expense.  Second biggest?  Ice cream cones.

No 80 mph speed limits around animal country. 

1 comment:

  1. @MO...love your sense of humor...I thought I was looking at Clint Eastwood with glasses at first...then I realized...he has more hair...$400 for petro doesn't sound too bad...what kind of mileage??...be safe

    ReplyDelete