Sunday, August 21, 2016

Day 21 - Rockford / Aunt Ruth


Went to church in Marengo and then off to Karen's house, Aunt Ruth's daughter.   Stopped by Starbucks on the way and Office Depot to buy a road atlas with BIG maps.   Our GPS doesn't always take us the way we want to go.  


Karen has a beautiful house and gardens.  We were met there by Karen, Ruth, and Nancy.  We had a nice lunch then six hours of conversation.  I learned more about my family, especially my Uncle Russ, than I ever knew.  Throughout the day we were joined by Ruth's Granddaughter and Steve, her husband.  The proud parents of EIGHT children.  My goodness.  A beautiful family that includes a son serving in the Army.  Ruth's Great Granddaughter, Great Grandson, and Great Great Grandson.  Among others.  What a nice day for us and topped off with a nice dinner and conversation.   I can't say enough about the way we were treated.  What a wonderful legacy Ruth has filled with the best of people.  We really hated to leave but we are having a few trailer issues and so tomorrow we will be at the manufacturing home of our trailer to get a couple issues taken care of.   We made the 45 minute trip back to our trailer in the dark, a test for my new glasses.   Unfortunately, I still have my old eyes behind them.




Tomorrow we go to Indiana.  What a great trip so far.  Thanks Karen for making this day so memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment