Monday, August 15, 2016

Day 15 - Sioux Falls

The drive to Sioux Falls felt like a hundred hours today.   I guess because there was really nothing to look at along the way.   It was like crossing a green covered Nevada.


We got set up by 3:00 and found a Starbucks, then went to Falls Park in the center of downtown.  It was only 3 miles from our trailer park.  Pretty falls but recent storms had cooked up the dirt making the falls blue color muddy.   





It's going to be an interesting stay here because upon our return to the park we discovered we are in the landing path for the airport.  Last night we had thunder and lightning most of the night, I'm thinking tonight we'll have 727's overhead.  I don't know which is worse.   Luckily I sleep like a log and my poor hearing hides most of the noise.  Poor Martha hears every raindrop or howling jet engine.  Tomorrow I think we will just stay in bed all day.  Maybe go out for some Panda Express.  Wednesday we head to Iowa to Betsy (Monich) and Gene Moniz's.  We'll stay in a park nearby and visit on Thursday.  Glad we made it here to Sioux Falls, just going to kick back now.

No comments:

Post a Comment