Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Day 99 - Stick um up!

Holy Election Day Batman!   It's about time!


Whoever wins I hope three things:
1. That it is not close
2. That four years from now we will have better choices
3. That God will get us through this next Presidency


Because we are out of state we had to go down to Election Headquarters in Downtown San Antonio to cast our votes.  Took about an hour and the only choices were the Presidential Race.   
So whether or not California legalizes Pot, I had no hand in it.



Then we cruised some neighborhoods.   Beautiful house.


Back to the River Walk for lunch.


 Stick um up?  Well, not quite.  I guess you can't expect to travel the entire country without a robbery.  Our car was robbed while in the parking garage today.   Martha had two purses tucked under the seat. Her checkbook was in one of them causing a landslide of work to cancel the account and change a million autoplays.  We lost three pair of prescription sunglasses.   Two iPhone chargers.  A Rosary that was given to Martha by her late mom.  A bracelet Lori gave Martha.  Costco card, Sam's Club Card, Kaiser insurance card, Ameritrade card, and items that I am sure we do not yet miss.   Luckily, no cash, and since we left on this trip her credit card, ATM card, and driver's license have been kept in my wallet.

I thought we may have had an incident like this but not in San Antonio.   I expected maybe Chicago, or Philly, or New York.   It is very frustrating.   I pray to God that whoever did this receives every blessing that they deserve.  We would really appreciate getting the Rosary and Bracelet back.

3 comments:

  1. I am sad. But we just can't dwell on this. Being a good catholic girl that I am, I do have back up rosaries. And I will have my bracelet redone. We have met so many amazing people on this trip so to throw one scumbag in there isn't so bad, I guess. It is just a little disappointing. Hope you are having a good day. Inspite of this we did have a nice one. Mean people suck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry this happened. Please don't leave purses or valuables in your vehicle.

      Delete
    2. Usually don't. Just one of those days. Everything was going wrong. Stress overtook common sense.

      Delete