Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Day 100 - Correct Change

All through this trip we have seen help needed signs on just about every kind of business.   This is not the first one we have seen that offered a signing bonus.  It is the largest bonus we have seen at $4,000.


We took the bus today.  It was $5.50 for the two of us and included unlimited bus rides and trolly rides.   No plans today other than riding around looking at the city.  We went to Sekilo's Deli for lunch.  Great Pastrami sandwich.  It was just off of the River Walk and packed.  We ate at the counter.
I love sitting at a counter watching the workings of the restaurant.


We stopped by the Police Annex at the RiverWalk as we were told that they collect all of the lost and found items from the parking garage and mall.   Just in case our thief discarded something and it was turned in.  No luck.  We filled out a report while we were there.   My insurance deductible is $1,500 and we are still making a list of stolen items to decide if it is worth a claim or not.

Then we popped onto the trolly and cruised over to the Amtrack Station.  It is a Historical spot and  New Orleans type surroundings.  


There was a band competition in town and lots of teens in uniform everywhere.  Including the Amtrak Station.



Then we were ready to get back downtown via trolly and catch our bus back home.  The half hour bus ride on bus #24 back home turned out to be an hour and a half long.  It seems that the bus #24 we got onto downtown turned into the #4 bus and went the wrong direction for half an hour.   Then as the #4 bus it went back into downtown and turned into the #24 bus.  Then the half hour ride back to the RV Park.   I drove busses in Roseville for three years when I was getting my driving school business going.  I never heard of a bus changing numbers as it drove down the street.   I assume Harry Potter was standing street side and waved a wand as it passed changing the number and route.   


Anyway, it turns out we should have gotten onto the #4 bus downtown as a few stops later it became the #24 bus and headed home.  So we have had two hours of bus riding and an hour of trolly riding today.   I guess that is what we wanted to do, see the town.

I snapped a picture of these to lovely gentlemen from one of the bus stops.  They were engaged in a friendly fist fight.  I'm not sure if they were discussing the election returns or just upset over the way the bus schedules operate in this city.


Anyway, tomorrow we go into our final state, New Mexico and Carlsbad Caverns.  There is not a person in this world that I hold a grudge against, and it is silly to blame an entire city for our circumstances here, but needless to say, I will never find myself in San Antonio again.  When I hear the phrase, "Remember The Alamo" it will have a whole new meaning for me.   Let's 'Charge' on out of here!

No comments:

Post a Comment